- Ref No: LMH-HR-SPS-001-2018
- Issue date: February 20, 2018
- Deadline: February 27, 2018
- Time: 4:00pm, GMT
- Submit tender to: Tender Selection Committee, Last Mile Health, Congo Town, Monrovia, Liberia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contacts: Osadebe Ogwudile
SECTION I: Organisational Background and Purpose of the Request for Proposal (RFP)
a) Overview and Background
Founded by survivors of Liberia’s civil war, Last Mile Health’s mission is to save lives in the world’s most remote communities. Last Mile Health specializes in developing and managing networks of community health workers who bridge the gap between remote communities and the existing public sector health system, bringing essential primary care services to the doorsteps of people living at the last mile. Our programs are implemented hand-in-hand with community members, local government officials, national policy makers, private sector, and global partners to ensure sustainable impact.
b) Purpose of the Request for Proposal (RFP)
The Human Resource Department (RM&E) invites proposals from qualified consultancy firm to write its payroll management system that will enable the department reduces the risks associated with using manual Microsoft Excel based management of payroll data.
SECTION II: Proposal Submission Requirements
Qualified Consultancy service firms are required to submit competitive technical and financial proposals. Technical and financial proposals must include but need not be limited to the following:
- An extensive and demonstrated background knowledge in designing, analyzing implementing and training users on the usage of Human Resource Payroll Management System
- Details of work experiences with similar projects
- Bidders must submit activities plan outlining how the assignment will be done and when it is expected to be completed
- Bidders are required to submit profile of staff qualifications and experiences
- Bidders must have the minimum of 5-years related experience in designing, analyzing and implementing HR Payroll Management System
- Qualified consultancy firm must provide contact details of at least five (5) references of clients for which similar services have been successfully performed
- Bidders outside of Liberia must submit their bids through the above email as specified on the cover page of the Request For Proposal
- Bidders outside of Liberia must submit technical and financial proposals in separate attachments using PDF files
- Bidders in Liberia must submit sealed bids (hard copies) to Last Mile Health office in in Congo Town, Monrovia, Liberia
- Bidders in Liberia must submit a valid business registration certificate and current tax clearance
- All bid pages must be numbered
- Bidder must include a signed and stamped cover letter transmitting the proposal package to the above address on the cover page of the RFP
- Financial proposal must contain detailed breakdown of all costs related to the full implementation of the assignment
- Bid prices must be quoted in United States Dollars
- All proposals must be clearly written in the English language
SECTION III: Evaluation Criteria
See attachment for detailed information.
SECTION IV: Scope of Work: Supply of Payroll Software
- Commitment: 1 week
- Start Date: March 1, 2018
- Support location: Monrovia, Liberia
- Primary contact: Human Resource Director
In order to maintain a high degree of objectivity of this evaluation, Last Mile Health’s primary role in the engagement will be in the selection of a highly-qualified external consultancy firm to provide qualify service with all of the necessary information needed to obtain value for money and quality Payroll Software Management system.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expected Payroll Software Management System must have the capacity to automatically calculate wages based on your preset schedule: daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. The system must be capable of consolidating wage related items like attendance, salary grade, benefits, reimbursements, leaves, advances, withholding taxes, terms and policies to as well as compute wages. Besides, the system should the features customized along multiple pay and benefits structures and further configured for specific employees or contractors.
- The software must be able to automatically allow employees to submit leave claims and monitor their leave balance, while managers can review such requests and notify employees of approved or declined claims as well as calculates accrued leaves for wage calculation.
- Ensure that the system has the capacity to enter, track and calculate expenses, deductions, loans, advances and other employee costs. The expected Payroll Software Management System must contain features on loan ledger to account for all approved employee loans and be able to handle reimbursements based on approved expenses.
- Expected Software must be able to manage various benefits claims, including allowances and other employee bonuses. The system must have solution that will incorporate Knowledge base of benefits where employees can select and submit a claim.
- Expected Software must feature Income tax & deductions where it is able to feature processes both pre- and post-tax deductions. The system must automatically be able to calculate both pre and post taxes.
- Expected payroll Software management system must have a standalone system that include timesheets or a time-tracking feature to manage attendance.it must be able to track absences, increments, leaves and attritions and synchronize these data with wage calculations.
- Expected Payroll Software management System must contain feature that generates payroll reports like salary statements, benefits reports or leave summaries that enable employees to also access the platform to check or print payslips.
- Expected Payroll management System must contain feature that act as a central repository of employee records and related documents. The feature must include document management to handle files like offer letter, experience letter, employee profiles, organizational charts and applicable statutes for labor, tax and occupational safety.
- It is expected that the system will contain application that is compatible with other operational software should Last Mile Health management decides to have an integrated system.
Full RFP can be accessed here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pp8a11thl6jl2p/HR%20Advertisement-FINAL-2018.pdf?dl=0.