I have a question, comment, or concern about my donation. Who can I contact?
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. Last Mile Health is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, so donations in any amount are tax-deductible. Our tax ID number (EIN) is 261401736.
Will I get a receipt?
Yes. You will receive a receipt via email immediately following your online donation, and we will also email you a signed donation acknowledgement letter for your records.
Is my online donation secure?
Yes. We use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology to protect your information and provide a secure environment for online donations.
Can I send a check, a gift of stock, or a wire transfer?
Donating by check is a great way to ensure that the entirety of your gift is routed to Last Mile Health without any small deductions for online payment or wire transfer fees. Please make all checks payable to ‘Last Mile Health’ and mail to our donation lock box in Boston at:
Last Mile Health
P.O. Box 986524
Boston, MA 02298-6524
To learn more about making a donation via stock or wire transfer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (857) 449-7322.
What are the benefits of becoming a monthly donor?
We’re so glad you asked! Our monthly donors are outspoken advocates for our patients and bold champions of our mission and vision. By providing a reliable source of funding to sustain our work, you enable us to dedicate more of our time and resources to providing healthcare that transforms the lives of those living at the last mile.
If I make a monthly donation, will I be able to suspend it or change the amount?
Yes. You can change or suspend your recurring donation at any time. If you are a monthly or annual donor and you would like to modify your donation, please log into your DonorBox account and follow these instructions or send an email to email@example.com or call +1 (857) 449-7322 and we will promptly process the requested changes.
Can I have my employer match my gift?
Thousands of companies will double their employees’ charitable contributions. If you’re unsure of whether or not your company provides charitable matches, we encourage you to inquire with your Human Resources department. If your company does offer a matching opportunity, you may need to provide Last Mile Health’s tax ID number (EIN): 261401736.
What is Last Mile Health’s gift acceptance policy?
Last Mile Health solicits and accepts gifts that are consistent with its mission and that support its core programs, as well as special projects. Last Mile Health values its partners’ dedication to its mission, evaluating all gifts to ensure alignment and reserving the right to decline offers of gifts that have a conflict of interest related to Last Mile Health’s work to provide equitable healthcare.
Donations and other forms of support will generally be accepted from individuals, partnerships, corporations, foundations, government agencies, or other entities, subject to the following limitations:
- Last Mile Health does not accept gifts from: entities with a history of human rights violations; elected officials from within Last Mile Health implementation countries; gifts of property or stock where donor rights of ownership cannot be confirmed; entities involved in production and/or sale of arms.
- Gifts of real property, personal property or non-stock securities may only be accepted upon approval of the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
Does Last Mile Health accept donations of medical supplies?
Yes! Donations are always welcome. We do ask that any donations be discussed with our operations team before being donated so that we can ensure LMH has a clear use for them and that LMH will be able to distribute them to appropriate locations. Also, for goods with an expiration date, we ask that there be at least one year left before the donation expires. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if my organization is interested in partnering with yours?
How else can I support Last Mile Health’s work?
We can’t do this work alone. We rely on a dedicated community of partners and supporters to fuel the movement for community-based primary healthcare worldwide.
- Dedicate your birthday, wedding, or 5K run to ensure everyone, everywhere is within reach of a health worker. A Facebook fundraiser can be a great way to start, but the sky’s the limit. Don’t forget to let us know about your fundraiser for the chance to be featured on our social media!
- Did you know your employer may match your gift to Last Mile Health—doubling or even tripling your impact on last mile communities? Contact your company’s Human Resources office to see if your employer will match your previous or future contribution to our work. Our Tax ID number is: 26-1401736.
- Shop on AmazonSmile, a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. To support Last Mile Health, go to “Accounts & Lists” on your Amazon page, click “AmazonSmile Charity Lists” from the drop down menu, then follow directions to choose Last Mile Health as your charity.
- Share Last Mile Health’s work and vision with your friends, family, and colleagues. You can find the latest information on our work on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, as well as the latest news here.
- Enroll in the Community Health Academy’s free leadership course with Harvard University and edX, Strengthening Community Health Worker Programs to Deliver Primary Health Care. Better yet, take the course with a group of friends and colleagues who are interested in building, scaling, and advocating for national community health worker programs.
Questions? Reach out to email@example.com to connect with a member of our team.