Come help us deliver care to villages that others have said are "impossible to reach".
Every staff member in Liberia and Boston plays a critical role in our mission of saving lives in last mile villages. If you are interested in advancing our work, we encourage you to apply.
EXEXUTIVE MANAGING DIRECTOR
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the CEO, the Executive Managing Director (EMD) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the LMH Operations to ensure that the planning, execution, and administration of all LMH policies, procedures, and systems are in alignment with the organization's mission. The EMD is responsible for the smooth implementation of LMH’s strategic plan and oversees the Executive Team (ET) members which includes the Chief of Finance and Administration, Chief of Development & Communications, and Country Director. This will involve assessing and updating processes as needed, ensuring staff development for effective implementation and communicating processes to LMH staff. The EMD also supports and works in close coordination with all LMH’s departments to be sure operations is supporting their functions. In addition to running day-to-day activities, she/ he assists LMH to streamline and automate its processes so that they balance accountability and control with efficiency.
In addition you will lead by example in demonstrating behaviors that uphold our culture and deliver to our mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Direction and Leadership
- Oversee the development and implementation of LMH’s strategy and integrate policies to better serve all functional areas during time of rapid growth.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO informed of all critical and important issues related to the department.
- Team Development/Leadership
- Provide guidance and support for the leaders of the domestic and international operations and programs teams, finance and administration, and development and communications team both at the global support offices and in the field.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development. Build the capacity of Executive Team Managers.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Ensure that operational policies are clear, effective and followed, and establish mechanisms for training and enforcement.
- Manage and review LMH’s leases, insurance policies, and other service contracts related to office management services and travel.
- Provide oversight on matters related to insurance, business structure and growth.
- Ensure that the Operations team provides support to all LMH offices, as needed, including management of all standard LMH policies and regulations.
Safety and Security:
- Ensure the LMH Safety and Security protocols and procedures are followed and manage the Safety and Security Manager in the development of ongoing revisions the LMH’s Safety and Security policies
- Ensure LMH is maintaining an “accountability and tracking” / inventory system for all LMH’s fixed assets (non-expendable property), development and partnerships database, and safety and security supplies and medicines worldwide.
- Provide ongoing organizational needs assessments as they relate to systems/logistics/inventory.
Grants and Contracts
- Provide supervision to the Grants and Contracts Unit that manages all aspects of contracts and grants practices, policies, procedures, and systems in a framework that supports compliance with applicable donor and LMH rules and regulations.
- Work with Chief of Development in advancing best practices to ensure appropriate internal controls and compliance and encourage continuous improvement of effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide oversight on all major organizational and operational contracts, including memoranda of understanding, leases, and other organizational obligations.
- Executive Team Members (Chief of Development & Communications, Country Director, Chief Finance & Administrative Officer, Safety and Security Manager)
Accountability Reports directly to: CEO and Founder
Works directly with: Board of Directors, Executive Team, External Stakeholders, Security Focal Points, Liberia Senior Leadership Team, Medical Director
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills Required: The right candidate for this position should be a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment. In addition, he/ she should possess the following;
- A Bachelor degree in business administration, non- profit management, public policy finance or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years previous experience in operations management; Minimum 3 years experience in international NGO context
- At least 2 years of overseas field office experience working in the public health sector, preferably in international relief and/or development programs, with progressive development of the skill-sets outlined above;
- Experience in organizations experiencing rapid growth and creating systems and structures to support rapid growth. Familiarity with grants and contracting is also preferred.
- Proven ability to lead teams and develop staff to work independently and in teams;
- Solid programmatic, organizational, planning, technical and IT skills (including databases), with a proven ability to work under pressure and solve problems in a fast paced environment;
- Strong supporter of public health development work
- Solutions focused with the ability to work effectively within an Executive team
- Entrepreneurial, business-oriented, forward-thinking with the ability to identify opportunities
- Passion for service excellence and improving quality
- Approachable with strong interpersonal & listening skills together with the ability to empower their team
- Defiantly courageous, with the ability to push the boundaries
- The highest levels of integrity, and a strong ethical sense
- Availability to travel to Liberia (minimum 2 trips per year)
Location: Boston, MA Apply:
Applications accepted on a rolling basis via http://www.koyapartners.com/LMH_EMD.html